Vive le français
Oh là, là, c’est magnifique
La langue de l’amour !
Learning a language enables students to become global citizens. It enhances literacy and the full complement of learning and social skills – it builds bridges of knowledge, respect and empathy.
NB: In Grade 7 all students will study French for half of the year. In Grades 8-10, French becomes an Optional subject.
Through studying French, students will be able to:
- Use French to communicate with others in authentic situations
- Understand French as a system
- Understand and appreciate the cultural context in which French is used
- Make connections between English and French
- There will be a focus on developing:
- Pronunciation, intonation, stress patterns and accents
- Speaking and listening for particular purposes
- Key sentence structures and grammatical forms
- Key communicative functions for exchanging information, expressing attitudes and opinions, getting things done
- A repertoire of communicative references to events, time, quantity, colour, size and value.